St. Albert’s Mission Hospital has implemented a number of innovative programs designed to help sustain the hospital and cope with Zimbabwe’s ongoing economic challenges.
(We will provide links to a description of each project soon.)
- Field Project
- Horticulture — Garden Project
- Water Project
- Poultry Project
- Aquaculture/Fish Project
- Goat Project
- Biogas Project
- Waiting Mothers Home Nutritional Garden
Several of these programs serve both the hospital and the community
- The Agriculture, Poultry, Fish and Goat Projects help provide meals for hospital patients and help meet a community need for food and nutritional protein at a more affordable cost;
- The Water Project provides potable water to the hospital, a primary and secondary school, the parish, mission staff, domestic workers and dependent relatives, a population of around 3,000 people;
- The Poultry, Fish and Goat Projects generate income for the hospital;
- The Biogas Project reduces hospital overhead and helps ensure a fuel supply to the kitchen.